This report collates the materials used throughout the DTOceanPlus project on knowledge exchange and training. The aim was to promote the DTOceanPlus tools, plus develop and deliver training materials for the suite of tools. The overall aims were: to promote the suite of tools and showcase the capabilities thereof, and to develop a range of open-source materials to help end users understand and learn to use the software.
Five channels of actions were proposed and delivered during the project:
- Webinars to raise awareness and explain the principals of the tools being developed;
- Training sessions to explain in detail how to use the suite tools;
- Workshops to present and gain feedback on the DTOceanPlus tools and other project results;
- Visits to the facilities/test-sites of project partners to showcase ocean energy more widely and improve investor confidence;
- Tutorials and documentation for self-training in use of the tools.
Due to the global COVID–19 pandemic, many of the education and training activities had to be revised to an online format, rather than the in-person events originally proposed. Despite this, the education and training activities were broadly successful in achieving the aims of promoting the tools and producing materials for future training. Indeed, both the webinars and training sessions exceeded their targets in terms of number held and number of participants engaged.